The Corporate Finance team used to spend days building static forecasts and reports for board-level planning conferences. Our team consolidated divisional and planning data, retro-fitted consolidation on existing cash burn, CAPEX planning, depreciation, CAPEX allocation group KPIs, present outcomes in attractive and useful formats. With Anaplan, decision-making at Bayer is agile and confident in the face of changing business conditions.
- Defining hierarchies, enabling planning at multiple hierarchies – aggregation and disaggregation of data wrt hierarchies.
- The transactional system had a different hierarchy, planning hierarchy had to be different. Translation from the transactional hierarchy at the department/account level to the planning hierarchy.
- Multiple Legal Entities with Siloed data systems
- Manual reporting and efforts in Excel for all financial reports and analyses
- Consolidated P&L for each product can be calculated only twice a year, so responding immediately to changes in market conditions and market needs is impossible.
- Finance Consolidation
- Cash burn analysis
Results at a Glance:
- Created a consolidation model in Anaplan. Retro-fitted consolidation on existing cash-burn, CAPEX planning, depreciation, CAPEX allocation, and planning dashboards.
- Automated translation of hierarchies and enabled top-down and bottom-up level planning and analysis.
- Single Consolidated Dashboard for all financial reports and statements at the company level with slice-dice capability at an entity, department, and account level. Seamless integration into Tableau for visualizations
- Insights into cash-burn at multi-level (org., accounts, and department)
- Transformed manual processes of analysis and reporting which took 2 weeks to Anaplan-based reporting in just 2 days.
- Improved Usability and flexibility on Anaplan. Transformed the excel-based planning and Anaplan