Helped the client with Anaplan to standardize the submission and approval process to bring consistency and improved productivity to a busy finance function. Enabled seamless collaboration between cost engineers, FP&A managers and directors, marketing team, and overall leadership with complete visibility into the CAPEX tracking. The accurate models enabled the client team to understand how the assumptions impact financial viability. The dashboard that showcased the insights into the difference between the actuals and latest estimates on project expenses helped determine the net impact of each individual project and determine which projects to fund.
Capex tracking for 2300+ projects (expansion activities) in the supply chain, marketing, and other depts is manual across the organization with Excel-based planning, causing a cumbersome process without accuracy and leadership visibility on costs and budget spend.
- A lot of time taken to manually upload data
- Data is distributed at many locations around the globe, making it difficult to ascertain the overall picture
Use Case: CAPEX Tracking for effective budget and cost analysis
Results at a Glance:
- Delivered monthly cycle dashboards on Anaplan to facilitate monthly closing, CAPEX tracking, and monitoring
- Expense tracking for all the expansion activities and effective estimates for expenditure delivered
- Effective master data management by integrations with Snowflake and SAP for effective tracking of actuals
- Aggregated data from Snowflake and SAP from multiple environments leveraging Anaplan
- Created a system that automatically aggregates the consolidated spend on each expansion activity across all regions after every timeline
- Although it is necessary for each site to enter data every month, Anaplan can process this data much faster than the previous conventional model, which was not standardized. This has led to an increase in the accuracy of tracking.
- Productivity is driven by automation of actuals data (Snowflake data) as well as efficiency of the Anaplan tool housing all package owners/company projects in one place
- Growth is driven by identifying potential savings or cost needs elsewhere and maximizing fund
- By Spending less time manually loading or uploading data and more time digesting the latest estimates to find patterns/identify issues and highlight winners